Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Princess Cake



I made this Barbie cake recently from scratch.I looked at many princess cake ideas and ended up doing this one.It was really fun to make.I was a little nervous about it, but it turned out Great.



At first I baked a dome shaped cake.After the cake was completely cooled .I sliced the cake in 3 layers to fill with buttercream and also crumb coated the cake.I made the fondant a day before and used it to make the princess skirt and top.. Also made flower using fondant a day before to decorate the dolls skirt.I used Petal dust for the flowers.I then inserted the dolls head on top of the cake and decorated using icing.Overall the cake was a big hit.



Atlast we had to cut the cake and this is how it looked.Poor Barbie....awww...

2 comments:

  1. omy goodnessss...wat a brilliant try...with gorgeous result..u rock dear..simply awesome cake..:)

    Tasty Appetite
    Event: Letz Relishh Ice Creams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Jay.Your comments are so Encouraging.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for taking a tour in my blog.Your Comments are so Encouraging makes me post more Recipes.
Happy Cooking!!!