Friday, August 21, 2009
Maggi Noodles-1 Packet(small)
Maggi Masala-1 Packet
Onion cut lengthwise-little
Chilli Powder-1 tsp or less
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Slit green chilies-1
Ginger-Garlic Paste-1 tsp
tomato-1 small chopped
In a Kadai add 2 tbsp of oil .Add onion and fry until soft.Add Green chilies and Ginger-Garlic Paste.Then add all the vegetables and fry for 2 mins.Add chili powder ,coriander and Maggi Masala Powder.Fry for a min and then add a cup of water.After water comes to boil add Maggi noodles stirring occasionally.Finally add very little Ketchup and stir.Garnish with coriander leaves.serve
Here is a great way to use your leftover vegetables or could be a great way to eat vegetables.you can use all type of vegetables.In this recipe i have used Carrot,Cabbage,Onion,green chillies,Mushroom,bell pepper,spinach.
Vegetables of your choice
Onion cut Lenthwise
Garlic crushed-2(with skin)
Chilli powder-1 tbsp
Oil for frying.
Cut all Vegetables Lengthwise.Mix all the vegetables together with some salt,hing chilli powder,Baking soda,Garlic,coriander leaves.Add besan little by little until u get a thick consistency.Use a fork to drop a small amount of the veg mix in the oil and Fry until done.
Serve with mint chutney or Ketchup.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
1 chicken breast fillet
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons minced green onion
1/3 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 tablespoons diced, canned jalapeno peppers
1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash cayenne pepper
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
five 7-inch flour tortillas
Preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
Rub chicken breast with some vegetable oil then grill it on barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done. Lightly salt and pepper each side of chicken while it cooks. Set chicken aside until it cools down enough to handle.
Preheat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and onion to pan and sauté for a couple minutes until tender.
Dice cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to pan. Add corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to pan. Cook for another 4 minutes; stir well so that spinach separates and is incorporated into mixture. Remove pan from heat and add cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
Wrap tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
Spoon approximately one-fifth of mixture into center of a tortilla. Fold in ends and then roll tortilla over mixture. Roll tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together. Repeat with remaining ingredients until you have five eggrolls.
Arrange eggrolls on a plate, cover plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
While eggrolls freeze prepare avocado-ranch dipping sauce by combining all of ingredients in a small bowl.
Preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375 degrees.
Deep fry eggrolls in hot oil for 12-15 minutes and remove to paper towels or a rack to drain for about 2 minutes. Slice each eggroll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate around a small bowl of dipping sauce.
Garnish dipping sauce with chopped tomato and onion.
shredded mozzarella cheese
veg of your choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Warm pitas in the preheated oven or in a microwave for 1 minute, or until soft. Spread lightly with tomato sauce, pressing to flatten while spreading. sprinkle with cheese and top with veg of your choice.
- Spread the pitas on a large baking sheet and place in the preheated oven 8 minutes, or until the pita bread has reached desired crispness. Serve whole, or cut into slices.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
1 large egg slightly beaten
Slightly beat the egg and add milk,cinnamon,nutmeg,sugar,a pinch of salt.Mix the ingredients together.Dip each Bread slice in the mix and toast them with butter in a pan slightly browned.Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top them with ur favourite fruit and serve.
- 3 or 4 lemons
- About 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Thin lemon slices (optional)
1. Extract the juice from the lemons. should have 1/2 cup. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Place 4 cups water, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and strawberries in a pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir often with a spoon and, using the back of it, crush the berries. Continue to boil, stirring often, until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Let cool, cover, and refrigerate until well chilled.
3. Pour the chilled syrup through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher; discard the pulp. Add the lemon juice to syrup and stir well. Taste, and adjust to desired sweetness.
4. Pour lemonade into glasses. Serve with ice cubes and garnish with thin lemon slices.
Besan flour-1 cup
Rice flour-2 tbsp
kasuri methi-a pinch
Coriander powder-1/4 tsp
Spinach-chopped 2 cups
Onions-chopped 1/4 cup
Slit Green chillies-3
Oil-to deep fry
Heat oil. Take a laddle full of hot oil and mix with the above ingredients. If the mixture is dry, add very little water(less than 1/4 cup)to make a thick paste.
Take some mixture and drop it in oil until golden brown. Fry in batches.
Serve with ketchup.
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Baby spinach
- Veg mixture
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups prepared tomato or pizza sauce, warmed
Heat pan, add a tbsp of oil or butter add cumin seeds.Saute some chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste,mix veg ,coriander powder,chilli powder ,garam masala,coriander leaves, a tsp of lemon juice.cool the mixture.
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Lay out the slices of bread and smoosh them down lightly with a rolling pin.
Lay some baby spinach, veg Mixture and sprinkle some cheese down onto each slice and roll them up, pressing them with the seam down so they stay closed.
Brush the outside of each sandwich lightly with melted butter and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and the cheese has melted, 10-12 minutes. Serve with warm tomato sauce as a dipper alongside.